There are many opportunities to participate in a wide variety of student clubs and activities representing our students’ varied backgrounds, interests, and skills — including international student groups; sports, language, and dance clubs; and many others.
International student organizations help to care for our international students’ needs. They help coordinate celebrations of national days and inspire international students to share the unique beauty of their cultural heritage with the entire community.
Each club has a faculty representative who actively guides the club. Clubs may seek money to support their activities from the student activity fees administered by the MUM Student Government. Students interested in starting a student club should go to the link titled “HOW TO FORM A CLUB” on the left-hand navigation.
When scheduling club events, the following steps are followed:
- The president of the club contacts the club’s faculty advisor and sends them a full proposal asking for approval of an event.
- Before approval, the faculty advisor will verify that the MUM Event Guidelines have been reviewed and the event falls within our community’s standards.
- The President and Faculty member check the MUM Activities Calendar to make sure there is room in our busy schedule for an event.
- After verifying that the proposal is worthwhile and meets the MUM Event Guidelines, the club faculty advisor forwards the proposal to the Department of Student Activities to confirm the approval and submits a list of proposed speakers and agenda.
- The Department of Student Activities then informs the club faculty advisor that the event can be scheduled.
- The club faculty advisor then reserves a location for the meeting/event. Only faculty can book locations for events.
If you would like the Student Activities Office to help organize the event, such as audio/visual requirements, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that when requesting audio/visual support, one month minimum advanced notice is required.